Privacy and Security Policy
Information we collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information. This would mainly include information points necessary to ensure a hassle free delivery & shipment of the items ordered, to manage exchange and return cases and to keep in contact with you as our valued consume over the time to come. Please visit the respective pages, for detailed information on the Shipment Policy and Exchange and Returns Policy.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
When you register for an Account, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, company name, address, email address, and telephone number.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website
- Understand and analyze how you use our website and hence to enhance your user experience
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality of the platform
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails for the purpose of order confirmation, brand communication and promotional purposes. However, should you ever require, you could opt to stop receiving this information by choosing to unsubscribe
- Find and prevent fraud
Oktoberfest Wear Store follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Like any other website, Oktoberfest Wear Store uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Oktoberfest Wear Store does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
A strict confidentiality is maintained for any data and information collected from the users of our website and the customers. Under all circumstances, this information is only used to enhance your experience with the brand and the website in the form of promotional campaigns, online communication and improvement of the website’s functionality. We do not share with or sell this data to any third party except for our own business intelligence limited to the concerned staff only.
However, we strongly recommend that you not share any sensitive information like your contact details, email addresses or payment information over channels other than the web page or the authorized support email address so as to ensure that any possible breach of privacy may be avoided. Should you choose to share the said details, we assume that you are doing it at your own risk with under your own responsibility.